I regularly have the feeling that I have too many things happening in my life, I sometimes say that I am living too many lives for my 1 life.
Like a lot of women I talk about these things with my friends and family, and even with my beautician during a pedicure. Sometimes those people remind me of stories that I told them in the past that I had forgotten myself and again I think: How come I live so many lives? And then I think: one day people are not going to believe that these stories really happened, because sometimes they seem so over the top or farfetched, especially when I look at "normal" families where "nothing ever happens". Or I think: I should write a book, I certainly have enough material...
So what am going on about? Not to be a tease, but I will not elaborate on that in this post, I will discuss (or rant) about things that are happening in blogs to come. Just because I want to keep this post brief (well brief-ish).
But I can start by telling you who I am, I am ordinary, except for the living too many lives. I am 48 (at the time of posting: January 2023), I live in a small country in Europe (my mothertongue is not English), I met my husband in 2012, we moved in together after 1 month of dating (!) and got married in April 2019, we had a small wedding: only 10 guests. My husband has a daughter who will turn 17 next month. He has a co-parenting arrangement with his ex, so she stays with us every 2 weeks. I work for a rather big IT company and until recently was a software trainer.
So why am I talking about a new me? Because our family will have an intake "talk" for therapy on 1/2 (first of February 😜 ) which will be our third (!). Because I will be following a training to change jobs on 2/2, and because I thought that changing jobs would be a good time to look at my bad habits and maybe try to finally change them. And this year we will try to do some renovations to our house, and managing to do this falls under changing my procrastination habits...
And why am I writing this all down in a blog? Not because I think my life is so interesting to other people, but I have been seeing a career/burn-out coach and she suggested to write things down, and since I am inclined to do this digitally I first thought of doing this in a sort of diary and from there it was a small step to blogging. So I am hoping to use this as a sort of memoir but if other people read this and want to comment, I am open to that of course, otherwise I would not be putting this in a blog.
And now the dreaded: is it good enough publish or not -inner-struggle
Comments
Post a Comment